Another selected digest of news and editorials from the worldwide socialist press. An antidote to the right-wing crank press and the moderate press censored by their sponsors.
- A revealing report from Socialist Worker on how the long-term dumping of chemical, nuclear and industrial waste in Somalia’s seas is the real cause behind the rise of the piracy.
- How the banks will ultimately ignore the advice of the politicians bailing them out.
- The truth about Britain’s racist BNP: a weak party, divided by dishonesty.
In world news
- Socialism in the US: is it actually possible? A pamphlet by Pathfinder’s Mary-Alice Waters says ‘yes.’
- Protests in NY over a brutal immigrant killing and racist anti-immigrant laws in Coney Island.
- A report from SW.org on how America’s hidden hunger problem is becoming more visible.
- IS reports on protests against education cuts in France & Italy
Download socialist-observer#2 here (980kb).